[News] Ubuntu's Vision of Sub-notebooks in Pictures

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu's Vision of Sub-notebooks in Pictures
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:43:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Launches 'Light' Versions for Netbooks

Ubuntu Launches New âUnityâ Enviroment For Netbooks

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/ubuntu-launches-new-unity-enviroment-for-netbooks-11-05-2010/

Changes to Ubuntu Netbook Edition on the Horizon

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-random-musings-10006480/changes-to-ubuntu-netbook-edition-on-the-horizon-10015679/

Ubuntu Unity Netbook Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| As I mentioned yesterday, l have now
| downloaded and installed the packages for
| the current very early pre-release of the
| Ubuntu Unity Netbook Edition. The good
| news is, it looks very interesting.
`----

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-random-musings-10006480/ubuntu-unity-netbook-edition-10015689/

Recent:

Ubuntu Netbook Remix a Winner

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Netbook Remix (reviewed version 10.4)
| is Linux like you've never seen before. It has
| a smooth, attractive, interface that works
| very well with the netbook form factor. It is
| a clear winner, as good as if not better than
| operating systems from enormous corporations.
| There was a gotcha on my HP Mini installation
| in an otherwise great work. Digg this article
`----

http://linuxmednews.com/1273068710

Ubuntu Netbook Remix vs Moblin

,----[ Quote ]