[News] Free/Libre Eeb Browsers Improve and Grow Fast, Add 3-D

  • Subject: [News] Free/Libre Eeb Browsers Improve and Grow Fast, Add 3-D
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:51:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chrome rising fast

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/software/12405-Chrome-rising-fast.html

12 Must Have Google Chrome Extensions For Web Designers

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/05/12-must-have-google-chrome-extensions.html

5 Browsers Youâve Never Heard Of

http://linuxandall.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/5-browsers-youve-never-heard-of/

Mozilla Proposes Search-Based Extension Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| With new HTML tags for browser extensions,
| Mozilla believes Web site owners can promote
| wider use of add-on software.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=224701869

Get Compiz-like 3D Effects In Your Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are into eye-candy and are always
| looking for ways to impress your non-geek
| friends with 3D graphical effects, here is
| another one to add to your collection. FoxTab
| is a Firefox extension that transforms
| Firefox into a 3D browser with Compiz-like
| graphical effects.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/get-compiz-like-3d-effects-in-your-firefox/2010/05/14

Firefox Lends Security Hand to Rival Browsers

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla yesterday launched a tool that lets
| users of rival browsers, including Internet
| Explorer (IE), Chrome, Safari and Opera,
| determine whether important add-ons may be
| vulnerable to attack.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/196207/Firefox_Security.html?tk=rss_news

Firefox 4 has more privacy control

,----[ Quote ]
| The next version of the Firefox browser, set
| for release by the end of the year, will pare
| down the software's menus and certain user
| options while giving Web surfers more control
| over privacy.
`----

http://www.wwlp.com/dpps/entertainment/consumer_tech/firefox-4-has-simpler-design-more-privacy-control-jgr_3354715

Simpler Design, More Privacy For Firefox 4

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1864768/simpler_design_more_privacy_for_firefox_4/

Recent:

Firefox 4 release plan: The need for speed

,----[ Quote ]
| "Performance is a huge, huge, huge thing
| for us," said Mike Beltzner, vice president
| of engineering for Firefox, in a Webcast on
| Tuesday about plans for the browser. "We
| created the performance story, and we've
| got to keep at it."
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20004620-264.html

Mozilla firms up Firefox 4 plans

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has given a breakdown of its plans
| for Firefox 4, including a pledge to make
| it "super-duper fast".
|
| Perhaps the most striking change to Firefox
| 4 is the user interface, which takes a
| great deal of inspiration from Google
| Chrome. Though Mozilla was keen to note
| that the mockups shown in the presentation
| were subject to change, it's clear Firefox
| 4 will benefit from the design choices made
| by Google's pared-back browser.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/357844/mozilla-firms-up-firefox-4-plans

[SLIDES] Firefox 4- What to expect

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a preview of Firefox 4 from Mike
| Beltzner of the Mozilla Foundation
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/slides-firefox-4-what-to-expect.html

Mozilla spills plan for, yes, Firefox 4