[News] Standards Such as ODF in Wikipedia, HTML5 for Music Notation Rendering

  • Subject: [News] Standards Such as ODF in Wikipedia, HTML5 for Music Notation Rendering
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:52:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wikipedia Gets A Revamp, Better Search And Navigation â And An Updated Logo

,----[ Quote ]
| Create a book by selecting Wikipedia articles
| and adding them to the Book Creator (we talked
| about that here). Your articles will be turned
| into a PDF (or OpenDocument) file so you can
| easily take Wikipedia wherever you go.
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/13/wikipedia-update/

Technology: Beautifully Rendered Music Notation With HTML5

,----[ Quote ]
| An anonymous reader writes "This is incredible.
| This guy has built a music notation engraver
| entirely in JavaScript, allowing for real-time
| music editing right in the browser. Here's a
| demo. The library has no external dependencies,
| and all the glyphs, scores, beams, ties, etc.
| are positioned and rendered entirely in
| JavaScript."
`----

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/05/14/066220/Beautifully-Rendered-Music-Notation-With-HTML5