[News] New Service Pack for Ballnux and Windows XP Service Pack Dies

  • Subject: [News] New Service Pack for Ballnux and Windows XP Service Pack Dies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:45:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Novell preps service pack for SUSE Linux 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Which stands to reason. With all the new
| server iron being injected into the market,
| (and more to come later this year) and an
| impending release of Enterprise Linux 6 from
| Red Hat and the just-released Ubuntu 10.04
| from Canonical, commercial Linux distributor
| Novell has to either put out a new version of
| SUSE Linux or crank out a service pack to
| keep pace.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/13/novell_suse_linux_sp1_preview/

Hitting the F-Spot â New version a day after its dumping?

,----[ Quote ]
| When we also look at impending doom that
| Novell is reported to be rushing towards, the
| future for the âgift to the worldâ is all
| rather in doubt.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/05/16/hitting-the-f-spot-new-version-a-day-after-its-dumping/

Microsoft to stop security updates for Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2010/05/microsoft-to-stop-security-updates-for-windows-xp-sp2-pcs/1

End of Support for XP SP2 is End of an Era

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/end-support-xp-sp2-end-era-051310

Microsoft Will Soon Discontinue Security Support For Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://techie-buzz.com/microsoft/microsoft-will-soon-discontinue-security-support-for-windows-xp-service-pack-2.html

Microsoft to end support for Windows 2000, XP SP2 on July 13

http://techlogg.com/2010/05/microsoft-to-end-support-for-windows-2000-xp-sp2-on-july-13/122

Microsoft abandons XP SP2

http://www.techeye.net/software/microsoft-abandons-xp-sp2

Microsoft to End XP SP2 Support

http://technorati.com/technology/it/article/microsoft-to-end-xp-sp2-support/

Microsofts Ends Support for Windows XP SP2 and 2000

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/5/14/microsofts-ends-support-windows-xp-sp2-and-2000/

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Ends Soon

http://www.tech-exclusive.com/2010/05/14/windows-xp-service-pack-2-support-ends-soon/