[News] LM_Sensors and Qemu for Linux - Development News

  • Subject: [News] LM_Sensors and Qemu for Linux - Development News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 01:32:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Using qemu to instrument Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Part of the problem that we face in providing
| Linux hardware support is that we're lucky if
| there's a spec, and even if there's a spec
| there almost certainly isn't a test suite.
| Linux still isn't high on the list of things
| that vendors test with, so as a result
| hardware and firmware tend to be written to
| work with Windows rather than some more ideal
| notion of what a spec actually says.
`----

http://mjg59.livejournal.com/122925.html

LM_Sensors Finally Gets Better Intel CPU Support

,----[ Quote ]
| This Intel Linux sensor work was done by
| Intel's Huaxu Wan and Carsten Emde of the
| Open-Source Automation Development Lab eG.
| The patches can be found on the LM_Sensors
| mailing list.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODI1Nw

Recent:

LM_Sensors Gets A New Configuration Utility

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzg3OA