[News] Debian + Backports Claimed Better Than Ubuntu

  • Subject: [News] Debian + Backports Claimed Better Than Ubuntu
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:07:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Debian + Backports is Better than the Latest Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I've always found Debian Stable+Backports
| to be more stable than the latest Ubuntu.
| What's more, with backports configured you
| can get the latest versions of popular
| packages.
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2010/05/debian-backports-is-better-than-latest.html

Debian-Ubuntu relationship: poll summary

,----[ Quote ]
| So, I'm now back and with some feedback to
| share. I'll first post (in this mail) a
| summary of the replies I got to this "poll"
| and later on a more general summary of what I
| did at UDS.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/387913/

VideoLink, assembles a DVD video filesystem from HTML pages and video files.

,----[ Quote ]
| VideoLink is available in Debian from
| version 5.0 'lenny'. If you don't run
| Debian, get the source tarball (tar.gz
| file) and build from that.
`----

http://ubuntulandforever.blogspot.com/2010/05/videolink-assembles-dvd-video.html

Recent:

Debian looking at development freeze by March

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29541/1090/