[News] Mozilla Firefox 3.6.4 Build 4 Released; How to Make Firefox Very Fast

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Firefox 3.6.4 Build 4 Released; How to Make Firefox Very Fast
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:36:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Firefox 3.6.4 Build 4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| A new build of Firefox 3.6.4 has been
| released and is currently distributed to
| users who have a previous build of the
| upcoming Firefox version installed on their
| computer system. The update check in the
| browser will recognize the new build and
| download it automatically to the computer so
| that the browser can be updated.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/16/firefox-3-6-4-build-4-released/

Hacks to Make Firefox Faster than Google Chrome

,----[ Quote ]
| Google Chrome has now eclipsed Mozilla
| Firefox in the speed category. However, I
| still use Firefox as my main web browser
| because it is still better than Chrome in
| certain areas.
|
| But just recently, I tried a few tweaks that
| significantly improved the speed of Firefox
| making it a little bit snappier than the
| latest version of Google Chrome when loading
| webpages.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2010/05/hacks-to-make-firefox-faster-than.html

Recent:

Mozilla to cordon off plugin crashes with Firefox 3.6.4 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla released a public beta of Firefox
| 3.6.4 yesterday, which also debuted âLorentzâ
| - a project that the open source outfit is
| hoping will stablise browsing for Windows and
| Linux users when Adobeâs Flash, Appleâs
| Quicktime and Microsoftâs Silverlight plugins
| crash.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/21/mozilla_firefox_3_6_4_beta_lorentz/

Firefox 3.6.4 beta isolates crashing plug-ins

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla developers have released the beta
| of Firefox 3.6.4, which now includes
| technology from the Mozilla Lorentz Project.
| Lorentz plans to bring full process isolation
| to Firefox, separating web pages and plug-ins
| from the main browser by running them in their
| own processes.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Firefox-3-6-4-beta-isolates-crashing-plug-ins-982659.html

Firefox 3.6.4 Beta Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.6.4 has been in the talks lately
| because of the intention of the Mozilla
| developers to add out-of-process plugins to
| that version of the web browser which
| basically means that popular plugins run in
| their own process instead of the main
| browser process. This is beneficial in case
| of a plugin crash as it will only take down
| its own process and not the whole web
| browser.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story276878.html