[News] Interview With Debian Leader Stefano Zacchiroli, Debian News

  • Subject: [News] Interview With Debian Leader Stefano Zacchiroli, Debian News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:33:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Stefano Zacchiroli (Debian Leader): Local communities are important

,----[ Quote ]
| Stefano Zacchiroli, a new Debian Project
| Leader, in an interview with Polish Debian
| Portal speaks about this yearâs campaign,
| realase policy of the project, the Debian
| GNU/kFreeBSD port and other non-linux
| ports, and the role of local Debian
| communities.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/debian/stefano-zacchiroli-debian-project-leader-local-communities-are-important/

Debian Project News - May 18th, 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Deadlines are looming for DebConf10 - some
| have already passed. For example, the last
| day to submit a BoF (Birds of a Feather)
| talk has come and gone. There is still
| lots you can do for DebConf10 however
| including volunteering time, lending
| equipment, and even donating money.
| Sponsors and donors are needed to help
| defray the costs of holding DebConf10 as
| Raphael Geissert wrote on his blog.
`----

http://www.debian.org/News/project/2010/03/

Pieces of the roaming laptop puzzle in Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, the last piece of the puzzle for
| roaming laptops in Debian Edu finally
| entered the Debian archive. Today, the new
| libpam-mklocaluser package was accepted.
| Two days ago, two other pieces was
| accepted into unstable. The pam-python
| package needed by libpam-mklocaluser, and
| the sssd package passed NEW on Monday. In
| addition, the libpam-ccreds package we
| need is in experimental (version 10-4)
| since Saturday, and hopefully will be
| moved to unstable soon.