[News] Changes in Mozilla Needed Ahead of Competition With Other Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Changes in Mozilla Needed Ahead of Competition With Other Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:16:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Download Mozilla Firefox for Linux: Linux Users Download Mozilla Firefox Now

,----[ Quote ]
| Download Mozilla Firefox and get the best
| surfing experience with the web browser.
| The Mozilla Firefox is a browser which you
| got to download in your PC if you need
| speed while surfing. The Mozilla Firefox
| is the best browser i suggest to people
| who look for speed while surfing.
`----

http://www.9computerstore.com/2010/05/15/download-mozilla-firefox-for-linux-linux-users-download-mozilla-firefox-now/

Mozilla and leadership: Rethinking the CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| Why change the title? My interest is that
| the title communicate the message of Mozilla
| mission and its method. CEO's are usually
| (although, admittedly not exclusively)
| associated with traditional companies, and
| to a lesser degree, hierarchical decision
| making structures. Indeed, if asked what
| words I were to associate with the CEO I
| think "authority," "command" and
| "hierarchy" would be among the top to jump
| into my mind.
`----

http://eaves.ca/2010/05/17/mozilla-and-leadership-rethinking-the-ceo/

Should *Mozilla* Fork Firefox?

,----[ Quote ]
| What Ross's complaint comes down to is
| that Firefox is suffering the inevitable
| side-effects of its own success. It's no
| longer put together by a small, agile team
| that can turn on a sixpence, but has
| developed a complex, global group of
| skilled and generous people collaborating
| in different ways and at different levels.
| The need to achieve a certain consensus
| implies that things move much more slowly
| than in the early days; breaking things in
| any serious way for the sake of progress
| is hardly an option, which makes change
| incremental.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=2967

Is Firefox Headed Towards A Massive Decline? Its Co-Founder Thinks So

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/18/future-of-firefox/

A hungrier, more aggressive Mozilla

,----[ Quote ]
| In its search for a new CEO, Mozilla
| should be looking for someone more like
| Marc Benioff and less like Gandhi. Much of
| its former competitive advantage--
| community, open source--is increasingly
| shared by Google, a competitor with its
| entire business at stake.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-20005401-16.html

Recent:

The Wild Fox Firefox Fork to Bring Support for H.264

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Wild-Fox-Firefox-Fork-to-Bring-Support-for-H-264-142185.shtml

Will The Wild Fox Firefox Fork Disregard Patents?

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of us users of Mozilla's Firefox
| browser are used to getting new versions
| of Firefox from Mozilla, but, like many
| open source projects, Firefox has already
| been forked into other versions. Now, as
| OSnews reports, a new fork of the browser
| is taking shape. Dubbed Wild Fox, one of
| the more interesting new aspect of it is
| that it supports the H.264 coded for
| video. However, the way the new fork
| treats patents could cause trouble.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/will-the-wild-fox-firefox-fork-disregard-patents

Developer wants to stick an H.264 fork in Firefox

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/05/16/developer-wants-to-stick-an-h-264-fork-in-firefox/

Firefox With H.264 HTML 5 Support = Wild Fox

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/05/15/2238236/Firefox-With-H264-HTML-5-Support--Wild-Fox

Wild Fox: Firefox Fork with H.264 Support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/23303/Wild_Fox_Firefox_Fork_with_H_264_Support