[News] [Rival] Unrest and Failures at Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Unrest and Failures at Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:12:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Where in the world is J Allard?

,----[ Quote ]
| Word inside was Allard was none too happy
| about the killing off of Courier and has
| finally made good on his (what sounds
| like they may have been regular) threats
| about leaving the company all together.
| (Another person with whom I communicated
| claimed CEO Steve Ballmer showed Allard
| the door because of disagreements
| regarding the Courierâs potential.)
`----

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/where-in-the-world-is-j-allard/6256?p=6256

Recent:

Microsoft's Touted iPad Rival Courier Becomes Less Than Vapor

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/10/04/29/2337201/Microsofts-Touted-iPad-Rival-Courier-Becomes-Less-Than-Vapor

Microsoft Wonât Make Its Uber-Secret âCourierâ Tablet

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-microsoft-wont-make-its-uber-secret-courier-tablet/

Microsoft Cancels Innovative Courier Tablet Project

,----[ Quote ]
| According to sources familiar with the
| matter, Microsoft has cancelled Courier, the
| folding, two-screen prototype tablet that
| was first uncovered by Gizmodo.
|
| We're told that on Wednesday, Microsoft
| execs informed the internal team that had
| been working on the tablet device that the
| project would no longer be supported.
| Courier had never been publicly announced or
| acknowledged as a Microsoft product.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5527442/microsoft-cancels-innovative-courier-tablet-project

Success Delayed is Failure