[News] European Groups React to Agenda Subverted by Microsoft Lobbyists

  • Subject: [News] European Groups React to Agenda Subverted by Microsoft Lobbyists
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:14:25 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Advocates of open source and standards cautiously welcome ICT plan

,----[ Quote ]
| Advocacy groups on open standards and open source software cautiously
| welcome the European Commission's five year ICT plan.
`----

http://www.osor.eu/news/advocates-of-open-source-and-standards-cautiously-welcome-ict-plan

Digital Agenda: Commission outlines action plan to boost Europe's prosperity and well-being

http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/itemlongdetail.cfm?item_id=5826

Openforum Europe (OFE) welcomes the European Commission's Digital Agenda, and commends Vice President Neelie Kroes for her determined effort to build an open, competitive and innovative ICT market for the benefit of citizens and businesses in Europe.

http://openforumeurope.org/press-room/latest-news/openforum-europe-press-release-openforum-europe-ofe-welcomes-the-european-commission-s-digital-agenda-and-commends-vice-president-neelie-kroes-for-her-determined-effort-to-build-an-open-competitive-and-innovative-ict-
market-for-the-benefit-of-citize

Lack of Open Standards "gaping hole" in EC's Digital Agenda

,----[ Quote ]
| The European Commission has officially
| published its long-awaited Digital
| Agenda, outlining its policy plans for
| the next five years. "While it includes
| some important building blocks for Free
| Software, the omission of Open Standards
| rips a gaping hole in this agenda," says
| Karsten Gerloff, President of the Free
| Software Foundation Europe.
`----

http://fsfe.org/news/2010/news-20100519-01.en.html

Digital Agenda: Caution required for the future EU Net policies (Press Release)

http://www.laquadrature.net/en/digital-agenda-caution-required-for-the-future-eu-net-policies-press-release

Agenda numÃrique pour l'Europe: l'interopÃrabilità dans les principes pour mieux l'oublier dans la pratique ?

http://www.april.org/fr/agenda-numerique-pour-leurope-linteroperabilite-dans-les-principes-pour-mieux-loublier-dans-la-pratique

The EU Commission's Digital Agenda Plan

,----[ Quote ]
`----