[News] Novell May be Planning to Auction Itself After Selling Out to Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] Novell May be Planning to Auction Itself After Selling Out to Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:15:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Novell: 20 chances to reinvent itself

,----[ Quote ]
| Regardless, Novell needs to go private so
| that it can make the hard decisions it
| has been wanting to make since at least
| 2002, when I was there. Novell's pressure
| to grow while under the fierce spotlight
| of Wall Street prompted its ill-fated
| engagement with Microsoft, which has
| delivered short-term revenue while
| destroying long-term value and goodwill
| within the open-source community.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-20005491-16.html

Novell Acquisition Bids Going Public

,----[ Quote ]
| Up to 20 firms, mostly hedge funds, are
| considering trying to take over the
| software company.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/unix_linux/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=224900526

Novell: More Takeover Bids Coming?

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell expects to evaluate initial
| takeover bids for the company this week,
| according to The Wall Street Journal. As
| many as 20 companies have expressed
| interest in Novell, the Journal said. Of
| course, The VAR guy has his own opinion
| of the situation. Here it isâ
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/05/20/novell-more-takeover-bids-coming/

Brainshare : un mariage Novell-Mandriva ?

http://www.linformaticien.com/Actualit%C3%A9s/tabid/58/newsid496/8349/brainshare-un-mariage-novell-mandriva/Default.aspx