[News] Digital Economy Bill/Act Faces Major Hurdles

  • Subject: [News] Digital Economy Bill/Act Faces Major Hurdles
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:18:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

London Wants To Offer Full WiFi Coverage... But How Will That Work With The Digital Economy Act?

,----[ Quote ]
| Once again, we're seeing how the government
| has these two competing issues that don't
| play well together: getting more broadband
| availability, while looking to help out the
| entertainment industry by kicking people off
| the internet at the same time.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100518/1506199475.shtml

UK Politicians Looking To Repeal Digital Economy Act

http://techdirt.com/articles/20100518/0900499464.shtml

Recent:

Liberal Democrats take on challenge of UK 3-strikes policy

,----[ Quote ]
| The Digital Economy Bill will provide an
| immediate test for the UK's new coalition
| government. Will the LibDems keep their
| pledge to repeal it?
|
| Vince Cable, Liberal Democrat economic
| spokesman, has been made Secretary of State
| for Business under the new conservative-
| Liberal Democrat coalition government in the
| UK.
`----

http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=526&Itemid=9

Digital Economy Act: Some Unfinished Business

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember the Digital Economy Act? Yes, I
| thought you might. It's still there, hanging
| like a proverbial sword of Damocles over our
| digital heads. But a funny thing happened on
| the way to the forum, er, Houses of
| Parliament: that nice Mr Clegg found himself
| catapulted to a position of some power.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2962&blogid=14

Digital Economy Bill minister stabbed