[News] Fedora GNU/Linux 13 Impresses

Oh My Goddard! An Early Look at Fedora 13

,----[ Quote ]
| Also innovative in this release is automatic
| printer installation. Rather than have every
| printer driver under the sun installed by
| default, Fedora will instead detect when a
| printer is plugged in and automatically
| install the correct system drivers. Now
| thatâs plug ân print! Color management will
| makes its mark in this release, which will
| allow users to adjust the color profiles on
| their system and adjust accordingly. This
| means you can match the colour of a recently
| scanned picture and ensure images will print
| correctly. This is a feature often touted on
| the Mac platform, and something which is
| sorely needed for graphical work on Linux.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7765/1.html

Of hall monitors and slippery slopes

,----[ Quote ]
| For the current problem thread, at least, the
| real underlying issues have yet to be
| completely addressed. As Fedora moves toward
| implementing the new packaging rules, which
| may slow down the usual Fedora update stream,
| the decline in users and contributors that
| Kofler envisions may occur. The opposite
| could happen as well. Only time will tell.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/387013/

Recent:

Seven Reasons to Upgrade to Fedora 13

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 13 is right around the corner. Code-
| named "Goddard," the Fedora 13 release
| sports tons of updates from Fedora 12 and
| some really exciting new features that will
| have Linux power users running for their CD
| burners. You'll find everything from better
| printer support to experimental 3D support
| for Nvidia cards and filesystem rollback.
| Ready to roll up your sleeves? Let's take a
| look at the best of Fedora 13.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/310561-seven-reasons-to-upgrade-to-fedora-13

Itâs Fedora Election season!

,----[ Quote ]
| Youâve only got until May 26th to vote in
| the Fedora elections: elections are open
| now. This election we are voting on new
| members of the Fedora Project Board and the
| Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.
| Before you vote, youâll want to read up a
| bit on the elections to make sure youâre
| making an informed choice. Hereâs a
| cheatsheet for you.
`----

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/its-fedora-election-season/

Fedora Rawhide Quickly Switching To Fedora 14

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Nzk3NQ