[News] Big New Lists of GNU/Linux Applications, Key New Releases

  • Subject: [News] Big New Lists of GNU/Linux Applications, Key New Releases
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:44:47 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 Linux Alternatives to Songbird

,----[ Quote ]
| As weâve mentioned earlier, Songbird has
| left the Linux flock and gone on to
| perceived greener open source pastures.
| But what are the Linux faithful to use to
| replace this one time music player gem
| that was heralded as the alternative to
| iTunes?
`----

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/10-linux-alternatives-songbird/

Oscar winning Lightworks Open-Source Video editor âIS- Coming to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Several weeks back we reported on the
| announcement that Oscar winning Video
| Editor âLightworksâ was to become open-
| source.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/oscar-winning-lightworks-open-source.html

Spirit Jailbreak for Linux now Available

,----[ Quote ]
| Most people are either on a Mac or PC
| running Windows, but there are some who
| opt for a more unique experience and go
| for Linux.
`----

http://www.pmptoday.com/2010/05/22/spirit-jailbreak-for-linux-now-available/

Ubuntu Tweak: released support for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.

,----[ Quote ]
| Now Iâve re-wrote the part of code, it
| comes again! It would be very easy if you
| want to use a very experimental source
| with other dependencies.
`----

http://ubuntulandforever.blogspot.com/2010/05/ubuntu-tweak-released-support-for.html

Battery Status 0.1 Released - Improved Battery Applet For The Gnome Desktop

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/battery-status-01-released-improved.html

gThumb 2.11.x Development Build Adds Photobucket Exporting Capabilities [New PPA]

,----[ Quote ]
| Because gThumb 2.11.x is not available in
| the Ubuntu 10.04 repositories, we've
| maintained it in the WebUpd8 PPA, but
| starting today, we'll also mantain a
| separate gThumb PPA for those who don't
| want all the upgrades which come with the
| WebUpd8 PPA and only want to install
| gThumb 2.11.x. Both the package in the
| WebUpd8 PPA and WebUpd8 gThumb PPA come
| with the new Photobucket export feature.
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/gthumb-211x-development-build-adds.html

[Compiz] In news of an actual feature

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I actually added a feature to the
| 0.9 branch. Well, not so much of a
| feature, but a framework to fix a long-
| time annoyance to do with loading and
| unloading plugins.
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2010/05/23/in-news-of-an-actual-feature/

11 of the Best Free Linux Plotting Tools

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100518160111534/PlottingTools.html