[News] Lesser Known Desktop Environments and Window Managers; Xfce 4.6.2 Released

  • Subject: [News] Lesser Known Desktop Environments and Window Managers; Xfce 4.6.2 Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:50:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Technical Limitations of Client-Side-Decorations

http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2010/05/technical-limitations-of-client-side-decorations/

ROX-desktop and some very loud wallpaper

,----[ Quote ]
| It has a look of its own, which I mean as
| a compliment. Many of the basic functions
| of a âdesktopâ are handled quite fluidly
| with ROX, and not just file management.
| Everything from mounting drives to
| creating desktop icons to arranging custom
| panels are all looped through ROX-filer,
| which means generally speaking thereâs
| only one place you have to go to control
| the environment. The window manager is
| OroboROX in the photos, although you have
| the option to use others if you like.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/05/23/rox-desktop-and-some-very-loud-wallpaper/

Xfce 4.6.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| This release features a lot of updated
| translations and fixes some bugs or
| regressions with new GTK+ versions.
`----

http://www.xfce.org/about/news?id=23

Recent:

Linux Mint 8 Helena Announces the Release of Xfce Version

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint developers are proud to announce
| the release of the Xfce version of Linux Mint
| 8. This latest release features the
| lightweight Xfce desktop environment and has
| most of the nautilus features in built.
`----

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/linux-mint-8-announces-xfce-release-helena.html

Linux Mint 8 Xfce and LXDE Editions Released

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mint-8-Xfce-and-LXDE-Editions-Released-138946.shtml

Linux Mint 8 âHelenaâ Xfce released!

,----[ Quote ]

`----