[News] Gentoo GNU/Linux and Dracut; MacBook Pro Runs Gentoo

  • Subject: [News] Gentoo GNU/Linux and Dracut; MacBook Pro Runs Gentoo
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 00:13:35 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Port the new distro-neutral initrd framework, Dracut, to Gentoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Dracut is an initramfs infrastructure. Its
| aim is to be distribution-independent,
| although for now it's supported only in
| RedHat, Fedora and Debian.
`----

http://blog.aidecoe.name/2010/05/24/port-the-new-distro-neutral-initrd-framework-dracut-to-gentoo/

Status of Gentoo on MacBook Pro (5,3)

,----[ Quote ]
| So, as you can see, besides pommed, a fan
| script, and the webcam, thereâs really very
| little tweaking required. Everything more or
| less works.
`----

http://myhumblecorner.wordpress.com/2010/05/20/status-of-gentoo-on-macbook-pro-53/

Recent: