[News] Red Hat Says Oracle is Not Committed to Freedom, Hires More

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Says Oracle is Not Committed to Freedom, Hires More
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 00:15:02 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Red Hat exec: Oracle's not an open source company

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been said that Oracle is now the
| industry's most powerful open source
| vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat
| executives, who say Oracle doesn't even
| qualify as an open source company.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/052410-red-hat-oracle.html

WSJ: Red Hat shifts hiring strategy as competition for talent intensifies

,----[ Quote ]
| The market for tech jobs appears to be
| tightening, creating increased competition
| for high-tech companies seeking new
| workers in the Triangle and other smaller
| metros.
|
| The Wall Street Journal makes that point
| in a story Monday that cites the example
| of companies such as Red Hat, which is
| adding 800 jobs to its 3,200-person staff
| and has to contend with resurgent hiring
| among Silicon Valley firms.
|
| To compete with better-known firms in tech
| hotspots such as California and Boston,
| Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) is retraining its
| recruiters to tell personal stories of
| opportunities and variety in tech projects
| to new hires. The company has retrained 50
| of its 437 hiring managers, the story said.
`----

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2010/05/24/daily6.html

Recent:

Red Hat Commercializes deltaCloud, Eyes a More Open Cloud

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cioupdate.com/features/article.php/3883691/Red-Hat-Commercializes-deltaCloud-Eyes-a-More-Open-Cloud.htm