[News] Computer Lab Built With GNU/Linux

Teen builds computer lab for Traceway residents

,----[ Quote ]
| Next, he installed a Linux-based operating
| system that would be easy to use. The
| Ubuntu operating system had the added
| benefit of being free.
`----

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/7600319/copyright_policy

Recent:

GHCAâs Computer Lab Running Gentoo Linux

http://onlinegamespress.com/ghcas-computer-lab-running-gentoo-linux/

Open Sourcing America's Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
| What's interesting is that this recognises that
| open source is not just an inspiration, but a key
| part of the solution, because - like the open
| maths movement I wrote about below - it needs new
| kinds of tools, and free software is the best way
| to provide them.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/10/open-sourcing-americas-operating-system.html

German City MÃnster Launches Pilot Project For its Schools To Adopt Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| At the moment, teachers are trying out OpenOffice in
| two schools. The suite will be made available to all
| schools in November 2009. "We plan to make OpenOffice
| the default office application for schools", said
| Citeq's spokesperson Stefan Schoenfelder.
|
| During September 2009, the city reported that 140 of
| its 360 servers are running GNU/Linux. In a press
| statement published on 23 September 2009, Citeq
| stated that using open source is making it easier for
| the departments to share information.
`----

http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/29337

Schools start to move to OpenOffice