[News] Free/Open Source BI: New Interview and Port to DRM-Laden HypePad

  • Subject: [News] Free/Open Source BI: New Interview and Port to DRM-Laden HypePad
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:55:52 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Interview: Jaspersoft CEO Brian Gentile on the Role of Open Source in Business Intelligence

,----[ Quote ]
| With the recent trend toward its adoption in
| a wide variety of companies, business
| intelligence (BI) software is no longer the
| enigma it once was. Jaspersoft is one of the
| BI vendors we regularly cover here at
| OStatic, on part because of its strong open
| source business model. We recently caught up
| with Jaspersoft's President and CEO, Brian
| Gentile, to get a reading on what's going on
| in the BI niche and where open source
| software fits into the mix.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/interview-jaspersoft-ceo-brian-gentile-on-the-role-of-open-source-in-business-intelligence

Pentaho First to Bring Ad Hoc Analytics to Apple iPad

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/pentaho-first-to-bring-ad-hoc-analytics-to-apple-ipad,1314405.shtml

Related:

Jaspersoft - is free BI the way to go?

,----[ Quote ]
| However, we are confident that Jaspersoft, to be specific, is worthy of
| consideration for BI applications in general.
`----

http://www.it-director.com/business/innovation/content.php?cid=10867

Actuate Integrates Open Source, Courts BI Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Actuate also entered into the open source market in 2005 with BIRT (BI and
| Reporting Tools) contribution to Eclipse and their open source BIRT
| community. Actuate has bet that the use of open source will be a key
| component for their future and starting point for developers, where at some
| point will purchase support, services and then the more robust commercial
| products.
`----

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2008/08/actuate_integra.html

Brief: Microsoft's BI general manager leaving

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. announced today that Bill Baker, a Microsoft distinguished
| engineer and general manager of business intelligence applications for the
| Microsoft Office Business Platform team, is leaving the company.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9111688

JasperSoft Debuts Web 2.0-Savvy Open Source BI

,----[ Quote ]
| JasperSoft v3 extends the ad hoc report-building capabilities of the existing
| JasperSoft suite with ad hoc query building for business users. It lets users
| build queries by dragging and dropping data into the query window.

JasperSoft Reaches 5,000 Customers as Momentum for Open Source Business
Intelligence Accelerates

,----[ Quote ]
| With more than two million product downloads, 20,000 deployments,
| and 23 global partners, JasperSoft leads the market for open source
| business intelligence, bringing enterprise-quality open source
| business intelligence tools to organizations of all sizes and
| budgets. A lightweight Java architecture allows JasperSoft BI
| solutions to be easily integrated into existing applications.
| Today, JasperSoft has more than 5,000 customers in 81
| countries...
`----

http://www5.sys-con.com/read/316536_p.htm

JasperSoft's Market-Leading Open Source Reporting Solution Now Available On
salesforce.com's AppExchange

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.jaspersoft.com/nw_press_jaspersoft_appexchange.html