[News] Novell is a Goner, OpenSUSE Lives on in Schools, Community

  • Subject: [News] Novell is a Goner, OpenSUSE Lives on in Schools, Community
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:28:49 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Novell vs. Mandriva: Donât Confuse 2 Potential Linux Sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell, promoter of SUSE Linux, is listening
| to potential takeover bids. Mandriva,
| promoter of a Linux distribution that has 3
| million users, is in discussions with
| potential investors. As a result, some
| pundits think Mandriva Linux and Novell SUSE
| Linux face similar business challenges. The
| VAR Guy begs to differ.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/05/25/novell-vs-mandriva-dont-confuse-2-potential-linux-sales/

openSUSE Schools! in Nicaragua!

,----[ Quote ]
| A few years ago the LUG opensuse-nicaragua
| has the project named âEscuelita opeSUSEâ
| this project was to provide basic courses for
| the people opensuse.
`----

And the last week, we finally  made it!!!

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/05/25/opensuse-schools-in-nicaragua/

automated openSUSE testing

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/05/25/automated-opensuse-testing/