[News] The Kernel Foundation Shows Microsoft Infilitration Into Linux (Speaker)

  • Subject: [News] The Kernel Foundation Shows Microsoft Infilitration Into Linux (Speaker)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:10:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

"Iâve killed at least two Mac conferences. [...] by injecting Microsoft
content into the conference, the conference got shut down. The
guy who ran it said, why am I doing this?"

		--Microsoft's chief evangelist

LinuxCon Program Announced: This Yearâs Themes

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs been a hectic few months narrowing down
| the content for this yearâs LinuxCon. Craig
| Ross and I have been working on this schedule
| for what seems like years, but we are very
| proud to announce it today. You can find it
| here.
|
| I think the program has an amazing mix of
| business, operations and of course developer
| content that reflects the growing ecosystem
| that is Linux. Iâm especially proud of the
| technical content that features many of the
| best minds behind the kernel and other upstream
| Linux projects. But LinuxCon is much more than
| just technical kernel topics: it also has
| content touching mobile computing, cloud and
| legal and business issues facing enterprise IT
| managers today. Linux is now becoming dominant
| in mobile and cloud computing so itâs no
| surprise LinuxConâs content matches those
| themes.
`----

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/blogs/browse/2010/05/linuxcon-program-announced-year%E2%80%99s-themes

LinuxCon 2010 Program and Schedule Announced

http://ostatic.com/blog/linuxcon-2010-program-and-schedule-announced

LinuxTag also got duped into accepting a Microsoft speaker.

Recent:

Open source industrial group joins the Linux Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/OSADL-joins-the-LF/?kc=rss