[News] KDE SC 4.5 Beta 1 is Out

KDE SC 4.5 Beta 1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Project developers have released a
| first beta for version 4.5 of the KDE
| Software Compilation (KDE SC), a
| development preview of the next major
| release for the popular Linux and Unix
| desktop. According to the developers, the
| beta is aimed at "testers and those that
| would like to have an early look at what's
| coming to their desktops and netbooks this
| summer". The final version of KDE 4.5 is
| scheduled to be released in August, 2010.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/KDE-SC-4-5-Beta-1-released-1008969.html

First beta of KDE 4.5 SC released

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news for fans of KDE, the first beta
| of KDE SC 4.5 is now available for
| download. KDE has a history of introducing
| some of the most innovative features in
| each release. In KDE 4.4 we got tabbing
| support at the window manager level, making
| it possible for people to combine any two
| arbitrary windows from different
| applications, into one tabbed window.
`----

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Laptops-PCs/First-beta-of-KDE-45-SC-released_4654.html

KDE SC 4.5 Beta 1 Released

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/kde-sc-4-5-beta-1-released.html

First Beta of KDE SC 4.5 Arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights of KDE SC 4.5.0 Beta 1:
|
| Â Revamped notification area;
| Â Added KWin-Tiling effect, which
| automatically places windows next to each
| other;
| Â WebKit web browser engine can now be used
| in Konqueror;
| Â Improved overall stability of the
| software components in KDE SC 4.5;
| Â Many other amazing, new features!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Beta-of-KDE-SC-4-5-Arrives-143158.shtml

Recent:

KDE 4.5 beta brings window tiling, new notifications

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the additions that I'm particularly
| enthusiastic about is support for tiled window
| management in KDE's KWin window manager. This
| feature allows users to snap windows together
| in non-overlapping arrangements and resize them
| together, much like the behavior of Ion and
| other tiled desktop environments. The feature
| was implemented as a Summer of Code project
| last year and was finally merged last month.
| I've long been a fan of tiled window
| management, so I've been looking forward to
| seeing this feature land ever since work on it
| was started.
|
| KDE 4.5 is getting a new panel notification
| area that is designed to be more consistent and
| functional. This feature is based on a D-Bus
| protocol that the KDE development community has
| submitted to the FreeDesktop.org organization
| with the aim of making it a cross-desktop
| standard. Although the upstream GNOME community
| has rejected the protocol, it has been adopted
| by Canonical and is used to power the new
| application indicator feature that is included
| in Ubuntu 10.04.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/05/kde-45-beta-brings-window-tiling-new-notifications.ars

Sneak preview for coming KDE SC 4.5