[News] Fedora Linux Comics, Sugar Uses Fedora, BLAG is Revived

  • Subject: [News] Fedora Linux Comics, Sugar Uses Fedora, BLAG is Revived
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 10:29:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fedora Webcomic, F13 Alpha Special: Goddard

,----[ Quote ]
| Very few followed my riddle and to my
| knowledge nobody guessed the answer, but
| the time has come for the first part of the
| trilogy, today the day for the Fedora 13
| Alpha release.
`----

http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/03/fedora-webcomic-f13-alpha-special.html

Fedora Webcomic, F13 Beta Special: The Red Shirt

http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/04/fedora-webcomic-f13-beta-special-red.html

Fedora Webcomic, F13 Special: Hyperspace

http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/05/fedora-webcomic-f13-special-hyperspace.html

Sugar on a Stick v.4 gets sweeter with Fedora Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the important things to remember
| with Fedora Linux is that it is a platform
| on which solutions can be built. One such
| solution is the Sugar On A Stick Fedora
| Linux spin which adds the Sugar learning
| environment originally built for the One
| Laptop Per Child effort to Fedora and
| packages it up so it'll run on a USB stick.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/05/sugar-on-a-stick-mirabelle-get.html

Revival of BLAG, Contributors Welcome

,----[ Quote ]
| BLAG is one of the few Linux distributions
| that has been labelled "Free GNU/Linux
| distribution" by the Free Software
| Foundation (here is a link to the relevant
| page on the FSF website:
| http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-
| distros.html). It is based on Fedora, but
| all packages that contain non-free software
| are replaced. It also features a free-
| kernel (kernel-libre). The distribution is
| made available on one CD. BLAG comes with a
| variaty of applications including
| multimedia, graphics, desktop internet
| applications and more
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-05-28-022-35-NW-CY-RL

Recent:

BLAG 90000: The Che Guevara Of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| And isn't that another great thing about Linux - the freedom to choose?
| Finally, you know how on most Linux forums you are discouraged from posting
| anything which is even vaguely political?
| Well, the BLAG forum has a separate section for 'Politics', where rants and
| trolls are encouraged!
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/07/blag-90000-che-guevara-of-linux.html

BLAG 90000 Powered by the Linux-libre Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| BLAG 90000 (codename Chlorine) was announced two days ago by Jeff Moe. With
| Fedora 9 as its basis and a huge number of applications, released under the
| GNU GPL v3, BLAG Linux 90000 is a completely free distribution with all the
| tools needed for a desktop computer and more. It is also the first version
| that includes the brand new Linux-libre kernel, a Linux kernel with non-free
| software removed!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/BLAG-90000-Powered-by-the-Linux-libre-Kernel-90161.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/5ae4yg

Related:

Interview with Jeff Moe: BLAG, linux-libre and More

,----[ Quote ]
| Jeff Moe is a 37 year old self-employed father. Better known as jebba, he is
| the main developer behind the 100% Free distribution BLAG (for BLAG Linux And
| GNU). He is also leading a couple of other Free software projects. He kindly
| agreed to give Blue GNU an interview by Jabber
|
| [...]
|
| Magic Banana: Mark Shuttleworth proposed to merge Gobuntu and gNewSense (in
| favor of the latter). Any thought to share with us on that?
|
| jebba: I did read his message. I follow gNewSense with one eye, but I haven't
| looked into Gobuntu at all so I don't have much to say there... Though, at a
| glance, a merge makes sense.
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/interview_jeff_moe_blag_linux_libre_and_more

BLAG updates its Fedora-based distro