[News] New Ubuntu Magazine, Canonical Conferences Get Too Crowded, hypePhone Owned by Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] New Ubuntu Magazine, Canonical Conferences Get Too Crowded, hypePhone Owned by Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 10:33:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

[Full Circle Magazine] Issue 37

,----[ Quote ]
| This month:
|
|     * Command and Conquer.
|     * How-To : Program in Python â Part 11,
|     Adding Screenlets, and Streaming Media.
|     * Review â Lubuntu.
|     * MOTU Interview â Stefan Lesicnik.
|     * Top 5 â Tiling Window Managers.
|     * plus: Ubuntu Women, Ubuntu Games, My | Opinion, My Story, and all the usual
|     goodness!
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-37/

Rethinking the Ubuntu Developer Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| At around this point, UDS had become too
| big, and had too many constraints, to plan
| on the fly (unconference style). We
| resolved to plan more in advance, and agree
| on the scheduling constraints ahead of
| time. We divided the event into tracks, and
| placed each track in its own room. Most
| participants could stay in one place
| throughout the day, taking part in a series
| of related meetings except where they were
| specifically needed in an adjacent track.
| We created the schedule through a
| combination of manual and automatic
| methods, so that scheduling constraints
| could be checked quickly, but a human could
| decide how to resolve conflicts. There was
| time to review the schedule before the
| start of the event, to identify and fix
| problems. Revisions to the schedule during
| the event were fewer and less painful. We
| added keynote presentations, to provide
| opportunities to communicate important
| information to everyone, and ease back into
| meetings after lunch. Everyone was still
| exhausted and/or ill, and tiredness took
| its toll on the quality of discussion,
| particularly toward the end of the week.
`----

http://mdzlog.alcor.net/2010/05/27/rethinking-the-ubuntu-developer-summit/

New research reveals troubling security issues for iPhones

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/05/new-research-reveals-troubling-security-issues-for-iphones.ars