[News] Canonical Sells Proprietary Software Services Around Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Canonical Sells Proprietary Software Services Around Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 10:37:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu One

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu One offers a couple of subscription
| options. Choose from the free subscription
| plan and receive 2 GB of storage or pay a
| monthly fee for more storage and additional
| features.
|
| Subscribers can upgrade, downgrade, change
| billing information or cancel a subscription
| at any time. Choose the Account tab on the
| Ubuntu One website to view details or make any
| of these changes to your account.
|
| Ubuntu One uses Ubuntu SSO (single sign-on)
| for user accounts. If you already have an
| Ubuntu SSO account or even a Launchpad
| account, you can use the same username and
| password.
`----

http://linuxandall.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/ubuntu-one/

Landscape 1.5: The Implications for Ubuntu Customers and Partners

http://www.workswithu.com/2010/05/26/landscape-1-5-the-implications-for-ubuntu-customers-and-partners/

Related:

Rethinking Gobuntu [and Launchpad to Possibly Pick AGPLv3]

,----[ Quote ]
| In the case of Launchpad, we do view you as a co-owner of the data, so
| the resolution of this problem is important to us. As you point out,
| there's no really clear best practice that works well and has been shown
| to be commercially sustainable. That's different to the GPL (even v3). I
| think the Affero GPL is a strong candidate for the front line of
| thinking on the subject, and that's what I am inclined to use when we
| publish Launchpad's source code.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/gobuntu-devel/2008-April/000698.html

Web 2.0: Unison And Ubuntu