[News] Motorola Goes Just With Linux

Pick of the best Android phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola Milestone
|
| The Milestone, otherwise known as the Droid
| in other markets, is a neat package, coming
| in at just 13.7mm thick. Even more
| impressively the Milestone has a slide-out
| full QWERTY keyboard as part of the
| package.
|
| The 3.7-inch touchscreen is every bit as
| good as the HTC Hero's screen, the most
| common of the Android phones.
|
| The Milestone runs Android 2.0 and supports
| Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support. The
| Milestone also supports multi-touch
| support, which the Droid in the US didn't.
|
| The 5MP camera, WiFi and A-GPS is fairly
| standard, as is the MicroSD slot and 256MB
| of RAM.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/12613-Pick-the-best-Android-phones.html

Motorola Droid 2 found in Verizon system, keyboard makes an online cameo? (update: specs)

,----[ Quote ]
| While we've got no way to confirm at the
| moment, here's some proverbial food for
| thought. A friendly reader last night
| published in our comment thread for the two
| rumored Verizon-bound Motorola devices with
| the above picture (subtitles added by us),
| claiming the bottom image is the Droid 2's
| upgraded QWERTY keyboard. The story goes
| that his friend had one but no other
| information is currently available -- the
| font on the keys is identical, and the mic
| icon on the bottom left is distinctively
| Android. If it's legit, we gotta say we're
| hopeful; the keys look to have a more
| protruding center à la the CLIQ, which
| should make typing on the little guy much
| easier than before. And if it's not the
| Droid successor, well, it's still something
| we haven't seen. Could this be the updated
| QWERTY-fied Android solution we've been
| waiting for? Time will tell.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/droid-2-keyboard-makes-a-qwerty-cameo/

Motorola is 'all in' on Android

,----[ Quote ]
| There is always the option of building your
| own brand of Linux but Android has most of
| the advantages of this and much more.
`----

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/28/motorola-is-all-in-on-android/

Motorola CEO plans to keep focus on smart phones

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/motorola-keeps-bet-on-smart-phones-android-2010-05-27?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Motorola Android Tablet May Come This Year

,----[ Quote ]
| CEO Sanjay Jha tells investors Motorola is
| concentrating on the convergence of
| mobility and the home and 'nearly all' of
| his focus is on Android.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/business/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=225200557&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

Recent: