[News] Ramblings About What's Different Between GNU/Linux and Windows

  • Subject: [News] Ramblings About What's Different Between GNU/Linux and Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:52:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Crashes and Blue Screens are Normal and a Processor Fan has a Lifetime
of 1 year -- Everyday Support Hotline Fun and the Intel Dynamic Acceleration Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| But I don't want to bore you any further
| with a story that probably happens
| everywhere to everyone and all the time in
| the daily Windows world... While hardware
| problems occur in Linux just as well, at
| least the people you talk to about them
| don't treat you like an idiot but really
| know their stuff.
`----

http://linux-tipps.blogspot.com/2010/05/blue-screens-are-normal-and-processor.html

Semantics is Restricting Linux Desktop Adaptation

,----[ Quote ]
| I started getting emails from her,
| complaining that she couldn't "download"
| anything.  Remember that to the Windows
| user, "download" and "Install" have some
| pretty blurred lines.  The "run" option
| once the download is completed usually
| keeps the user in the dark as to where the
| actual download landed.  They most times
| don't touch the EXE file...Windows does
| that for them.
|
| Bless their hearts.
|
| So I explained to her that Linux handled
| the installation of software differently.
| I took over an hour to "familiarize" her
| with her desktop and the functions therein.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/05/semantics-is-restricting-linux-desktop.html

More Moving Thoughts: Adding to Rikki Kite's blog entry

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/More-Moving-Thoughts-Adding-to-Rikki-Kite-s-blog-entry