[News] Android/Linux Gains Momentum, hypePhone Dumped for It

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Gains Momentum, hypePhone Dumped for It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 23:30:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why I Switched from iPhone to Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Ultimately, my reason for switching can be
| summed up thusly: I used to feel that, to
| get the best smartphone software and
| hardware experience, I had to live in
| Apple's walled garden. Now, the walls are
| getting higher, and life outside the garden
| looks better and better. I can get a really
| great smartphone without some company
| telling me I can't switch out the keyboard,
| or the dialer, or the voice mail program,
| or the browser. I can get a world-class
| smartphone without putting up with AT&T's
| spotty network. I don't have to put up with
| supporting a company that enforces its
| restrictive App Store policies in a
| seemingly arbitrary and draconian manner.
| I'm not sure I agree with those who say
| Google has "leapfrogged" Apple in phone
| development, but I certainly think they're
| doing a comparably good job.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/197015/why_I_switched_from_iphone_to_android.html?tk=rss_news

Android Fanboys Have Arrived. And Thatâs A Good Thing

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâve ever said anything good about an
| Apple product, youâve likely been called
| one. But a new class of fanboy has emerged
| â one that, amazingly, may be be equally as
| passionate. The Android Fanboy. And itâs
| actually a good thing.
|
| In case you missed my review of the new HTC
| EVO 4G phone yesterday, be sure to read
| some of the comments. As stated, I was
| coming at it from the perspective of a
| dedicated iPhone user. Long story short, I
| donât really like the device. To the
| Android lovers, I might as well have killed
| Bambi.
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/30/android-fanboys/

Localizing Android Applications

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7794/

Recent:

Want Android On Your iPhone? Itâs Ready For Download

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month we reported that an
| enterprising young hacker named David Wang
| had managed to successfully port Android
| on to the Apple iPhone. Wang noted the
| release wasnât far away from making his
| work available, just that he needed time
| to clean his code before releasing the
| binaries for public consumption.
`----

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2010/05/21/want-android-on-your-iphone-its-ready-for-download/