[News] Patently-O Gives In Re Bilski Timetable, Apple Patents Software (Junk Patents), OIN Offers No Real Solution

  • Subject: [News] Patently-O Gives In Re Bilski Timetable, Apple Patents Software (Junk Patents), OIN Offers No Real Solution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 05:49:02 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bilski Watch: Timing of Supreme Court Decisions

,----[ Quote ]
| The chart below is based on Prof. Millerâs
| data and reports the number of days elapsed
| from the oral argument to the release of
| the decision for each case.  The average
| delay is about 90 days (median of 77 days).
| As seen in the chart, Bilski has the
| longest delay (and that delay continues to
| grow).  A decision in Bilski is expected by
| June 28, 2010.
`----

http://www.patentlyo.com/patent/2010/06/bilski-watch-timing-of-supreme-court-decisions.html

Apple Submits Patent For On-The-Go Shopping List

,----[ Quote ]
| In this particular software patent filing,
| Apple describes the ability to create a
| shopping list on the iPhone OS and the
| software permitting the user to check out
| electronically.
`----

http://macapper.com/2010/05/31/apple-submits-patent-for-on-the-go-shopping-list/

Open Invention Network (OIN) demystified

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2010/05/open-invention-network-oin-demystified.html