[News] Thoughts About X12 in Linux Graphics Stack Begin

  • Subject: [News] Thoughts About X12 in Linux Graphics Stack Begin
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:02:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Thoughts and rambling on the X protocol

,----[ Quote ]
| Do we got alternative to X ? There's Wayland,
| but it's far from being usable. There's
| DirectFB, but that's not very portable. None
| seems candidate to replace X some days to me.
`----

http://julien.danjou.info/blog/2010.html#Thoughts%20and%20rambling%20on%20the%20X%20protocol

If Or When Will X12 Actually Materialize?

,----[ Quote ]
| The first version of the X protocol for the X
| Window System emerged in 1984 and just three
| years later we were at version 11. However, for
| the past 23 years, we have been stuck with X11
| with no signs of the twelfth revision being in
| sight, even though there is a whole list of X12
| plans and hopes on the FreeDesktop.org Wiki.
| Julien Danjou, an XCB developer, has written a
| lengthy blog post looking at the situation and
| the prospects for the X protocol.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODMwOA

Thermal Monitoring Comes To Newer Radeon DRM

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODMxMQ

Old:

LinuxBIOS with X11 server, completely in Flash ROM

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.hermann-uwe.de/blog/linuxbios-with-x11-server-completely-in-flash-rom