[News] More Red Hat Migrations, a Look at RHEL 6

  • Subject: [News] More Red Hat Migrations, a Look at RHEL 6
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:47:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Tieto broadens Open Source solutions through Red Hat Advanced Partner Program

,----[ Quote ]
| Tieto and Red Hat, the world's leading
| provider of open source solutions, have
| collaborated to advance open source
| offerings. Tieto is the first Finnish
| organization to join Red Hat's Advanced
| Partner program. This partnership will also
| cover Sweden, Denmark and other major
| European markets and will enable Tieto to
| offer value-added IT services combined with
| Red Hat's enterprise class open source
| middleware and platform solutions. Customers
| will benefit from more accessible and cost
| effective technology.
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/press-release/tcybf_tieto-broadens-open-source-solutions-through-red-hat-advanced-partner-program-959389.html

Red Hat's comments on Draft Policy on Indian Open Standards for e-Governance Version 1.1 dated May 2010

http://lug-iitd.posterous.com/red-hats-comments-on-draft-policy-on-indian-o

Red Hat converts Basefarm to Enterprise Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A Norwegian company that claims to be among
| the top providers of Internet-based services
| in northern Europe will begin using platform
| infrastructure developed by Red Hat (NYSE:
| RHT), the Raleigh-based software maker
| announced Tuesday.
`----

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2010/05/31/daily10.html

The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Kernel: What Is It?

,----[ Quote ]
| Sitting at the heart of every Linux OS
| distribution is a Linux kernel. When it comes
| to the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux
| (RHEL) 6 release, the issue of which kernel
| is being used is not a cut and dried answer,
| however.
|
| RHEL 6 is currently in its first beta
| release, with a feature freeze now in place.
| Currently, the mainline Linux kernel is
| nearing its 2.6.34 release, while the most
| recent stable release is the 2.6.33 release,
| which came out in February. But instead of
| either sticking with the 2.6.33 Linux kernel
| or holding out for 2.6.34, Red Hat is taking
| a different approach.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3880131/The-Red-Hat-Enterprise-Linux-6-Kernel-What-Is-It.htm

Red Hat's CEO: Clouds Can Become the Mother of All Lock-ins

,----[ Quote ]
| Cloud architecture has to be defined in a way
| that allows applications to move around, or
| clouds can become the mother of all lock-ins,
| warned Red Hat's CEO James Whitehurst.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/197795/red_hats_ceo_clouds_can_become_the_mother_of_all_lockins.html

Basefarm to Standardize Internet Platform Infrastructure on Red Hat Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Inc., the world's leading provider
| of open source solutions, today announced
| that Basefarm, one of Northern Europe's
| leading suppliers of Internet-based
| operations and services, is migrating its
| CentOS-based systems to Red Hat Enterprise
| Linux. With its migration, Basefarm gains the
| value of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux
| subscription, including reliable support, a
| robust certified ecosystem and access to the
| latest tested and quality-controlled Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux technology.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/basefarm-to-standardize-internet-platform-infrastructure-on-red-hat-solutions-2010-06-01?reflink=MW_news_stmp

CentOS 5.5 Left Me Clueless

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2010/06/centos-55-left-me-clueless.html

Recent:

Red Hat: Fedora project has no plans to support Xen again

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is the statement a Red Hat
| spokesperson sent me, in full:
|
| "The Fedora Project and the engineers and
| developers that are part of it always keep
| tabs on technology trends in open source.
| We included KVM early in Fedora
| distributions because its developers did
| the work necessary to have it included in
| the Linux kernel. We predicted KVM's
| inclusion in the kernel would make it the
| best virtualization solution going forward,
| and we've been proved right. Over time we
| deprecated Xen hypervisor support in
| Fedora, while KVM has continued to flourish
| and grow in features and adoption.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/61878

Spreading the dandelions: Open Your World recap

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opensource.com/life/10/5/spreading-dandelions-open-your-world-recap