[News] MeeGo (GNU/Linux) Coverage Abundant, Mostly Positive

  • Subject: [News] MeeGo (GNU/Linux) Coverage Abundant, Mostly Positive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:32:28 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MeeGo has a coming out party on the Quanta Redvale, Winstron W1 and CZC P10T tablets

,----[ Quote ]
| For those not familiar with MeeGo you better
| study up on it because it has officially
| arrived. MeeGo is the joining of two open
| source Linux operating systems â Intelâs Moblin
| and Nokiaâs Maemo â which was announced at
| Mobile World Congress earlier this year. It
| offers online and computing capability focused
| around multitasking, multimedia playback and
| strong graphics processing for a range of
| devices â not just netbooks or mobile phones.
| Up until now we havenât heard that much MeeGo
| talk, mostly just rumored rumblings, but my
| have the MeeGo gates opened.
`----

http://besttabletreview.com/meego-quanta-redvale-winstron-w1-czc-p10t-tablet/

Intel Press Release Reveals Future Plans for MeeGo

,----[ Quote ]
| MeeGo support included in "Oak Trail"
| platform, Acer committed to MeeGo on upcoming
| netbooks.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Intel-Press-Release-Reveals-Future-Plans-for-MeeGo

Intel seeks consumers for MeeGo

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel has released more details and the
| deployment roadmap for the company's MeeGo
| operating system (OS), highlighting its
| desire for consumers to start utilizing the
| open source platform.
|
| During his keynote here Wednesday at Computex
| 2010, Peter Biddle, director of Intel's AppUp
| products and services, noted that while he is
| "no longer worried" about attracting
| developers to create content for the MeeGo
| platform, it is consumer adoption that now
| preoccupies his thoughts. "We need more
| consumers!" he declared.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/intel-seeks-consumers-for-meego-62200421.htm

MeeGo user interface coming to Acer, Asus, other Linux devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a few months after the MeeGo Linux
| project was formed by the merger of the Maemo
| and Moblin projects, it looks like MeeGo is
| making some pretty serious progress in the
| marketplace.
|
| The other day we reported that it looked like
| Asus was going to launch devices running
| MeeGo in 2011, and a press release issued
| today pretty much confirms it. Acer officials
| say the company palns to beat Asus to market
| with a MeeGo-based netbook before the end of
| this year.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/06/meego-user-interface-coming-to-acer-asus-other-linux-devices.html

Is it time to MeeGo?

,----[ Quote ]
| What is MeeGo in the first place? As defined
| on its website, âMeeGo is an open source,
| Linux project which brings together the
| Moblin project, headed by Intel, and Maemo,
| by Nokia, into a single open source
| activity.â The aim is to provide a Linux-
| based OS for netbooks, handheld devices,
| televisions and set-top boxes, as well as in-
| vehicle computers.
|
| I downloaded the OS image from the site and
| immediately ran it on VMWare Fusion 3.1 on my
| Macbook Pro. Giving it 1GB of RAM and a
| single core to work with, the image booted up
| but that was it -- did not display anything
| on the screen. I tried this three times with
| different configurations and nothing.
`----

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/260161/is-it-time-meego

MeeGo Brings The Magic

,----[ Quote ]
| I did install it without any problems on an
| Asus EeePC 1000HE, however there are a great
| number of existing netbooks out there and it
| might not work as seamlessly on other makes
| and models.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7797

Expanding to Next-Generation Devices, DeviceVM Introduces Splashtop MeeGo Remix

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100601005393&newsLang=en

Movial Launches End-to-End MeeGo Services and Apps for Next Generation Devices

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100601005207&newsLang=en

MeeGo tablets on parade at Computex

,----[ Quote ]
`----