[News] Sub-notebooks With Google's GNU/Linux Distribution Are Coming This Year

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks With Google's GNU/Linux Distribution Are Coming This Year
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:35:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google's Chrome OS to arrive on hardware "later this fall"

,----[ Quote ]
| Google vice president of product management
| Sundar Pichai announced that the company's
| browser-centric operating system will be
| released this fall. Chrome OS is built on top
| of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, but uses a
| completely custom user interface based on
| Google's Chrome Web browser.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/06/googles-chrome-os-to-arrive-on-hardware-later-this-fall.ars

Google to launch Chrome OS this autumn

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has confirmed that its upcoming
| lightweight, browser-centric Chrome OS
| operating system will launch in the late
| autumn. Speaking to the press at this year's
| Computex PC trade show in Taiwan, Google vice
| president of product management Sundar Pichai
| said, "We will be selective on how we come to
| market because we want to deliver a great
| user experience," adding that, "We're
| thinking on both the hardware and software
| levels."
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Google-to-launch-Chrome-OS-this-autumn-1014245.html

Pixel Qi show off latest displays outdoors with touchscreen

,----[ Quote ]
| With Ubuntu she says that the screen shows up
| the fonts much better than other solutions
| due to the font rendering technology
| Canonical chose to use. From what weâve seen
| it looks very crisp on-screen.
`----

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/pixel-qi-show-off-latest-displays-outdoors-with-touchscreen-2010061/

Recent:

Google: âWith Chrome OS, Net access will be in a few secondsâ

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.exploreeverything.com/2010/04/15/google-with-chrome-os-net-access-will-be-in-a-few-seconds/