[News] "Open Access/Content" Movement Spreads Further

  • Subject: [News] "Open Access/Content" Movement Spreads Further
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:24:34 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Conflagration coming

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm on record predicting a toll-access journal
| bloodbath.
|
| Anecdotes are not data, one dead swallow
| doesn't mean the end of summer, and so onâ but
| I just heard yesterday about a second small
| independent toll-access journal whose sponsors
| may be discussing winding it down.
`----

http://scienceblogs.com/bookoftrogool/2010/05/conflagration_coming.php

Your views on open access publishing are needed!

,----[ Quote ]
| The SOAP Project (*), funded by the European
| Commission, would like to announce the release
| of an online survey to assess researchers'
| experiences with open access publishing.
`----

http://archiv.twoday.net/stories/6356764/

Recent:

Open Access to Nobel Prize awarded work â a pilot project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/3624