[News] Google's GNU/Linux Distribution Free to Developers

  • Subject: [News] Google's GNU/Linux Distribution Free to Developers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:42:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google to allow developers to use Chrome operating system for free

,----[ Quote ]
| Internet giant Google will launch its Chrome
| operating system in the Australian spring,
| with developers now eager to get their hands
| on the open-source software.
`----

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/information-technology/20100604-google-to-allow-developers-to-use-chrome-operating-system-for-free.html

Chrome OS Strives to Replace Desktop Culture

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Chrome OS is coming to a netbook
| near you sometime later this year. The Web-
| centric, Linux-based, open source platform
| will offer a lightweight, cost-effective
| alternative operating system for portable
| computing. Eventually, Google plans to
| expand the scope of Chrome OS to take on
| Windows on the desktop as well--a goal that
| requires both a solid operating system and a
| significant culture shift.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/197838/chrome_os_strives_to_replace_desktop_culture.html

Recent:

Parallels Officially Supports Google Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Thereâs also a bigger story here: Parallels
| provides the base software foundation for
| many VARs and software developers that are
| deploying SaaS (software as a service)
| applications. Now, that SaaS ecosystem may
| be more inclined to give Googleâs Chrome OS
| a look.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/03/09/parallels-officially-supports-google-chrome-os/

Google talks Chrome OS, HTML5, and the future of software

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/01/chrome-os-interview-1.ars