[News] Applications For GNU/Linux: New Releases and Intros (Roundup)

  • Subject: [News] Applications For GNU/Linux: New Releases and Intros (Roundup)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:53:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Help for sysadmins? Thatâs Checksuite!

,----[ Quote ]
| Checksuite monitors CPU load, disk
| utilization, possible hardware errors,
| broken symbolic links, memory swap, and
| several other system items. You can have
| it notify you via e-mail with verbose
| output, or notify you via cell phone with
| brief output â or both. It can also create
| individual log files or output directly to
| the screen if you run one of the programs
| manually.
`----

http://sourceforge.net/blog/help-for-sysadmins-thats-checksuite/

GNOME Commander - Nice and fast file manager for the GNOME desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME Commander is a free two pane file
| manager in the tradition of Norton and
| Midnight Commander, it is built on the
| GTK-toolkit and GnomeVFS. GNOME Commander
| aims to fulfill the demands of more
| advanced users who like to focus on file
| management, their work through special
| applications and running smart commands.
| This program is not aimed at users wanting
| the weather forecast in a sidebar in their
| file manager.
`----

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/gnome-commander-nice-and-fast-file-manager-for-the-gnome-desktop.html

DockBarX 0.39.1 Finally Works With Avant Window Navigator 0.4.1, Ads New Preview System [PPA]

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/06/dockbarx-0391-finally-works-with-avant.html

WaveMaker 6.1 for Linux Delivers Cloud Portability to Citizen Developers

New Mephisto Backup v1.10.4 released and looking for devs!

http://www.berkeleylug.com/?p=570

Whyteboard aids in teachable moments

,----[ Quote ]
`----