[News] SGI Breaks Record on GNU/Ballnux, Ballnux Phones Are Infected (Windows-Only Risk)

  • Subject: [News] SGI Breaks Record on GNU/Ballnux, Ballnux Phones Are Infected (Windows-Only Risk)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:55:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SGI(R) Altix(R) ICE 8400 Sets Computational Fluid Dynamics World Record On ANSYS FLUENT

,----[ Quote ]
| The benchmark was executed on the
| integrated bladed cluster with 4,092 cores
| of Intel(R) Xeon(R) X5670 processors
| running at 2.93 GHz with Novell's SUSE(R)
| Linux Enterprise 11 operating system.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sgir-altixr-ice-8400-sets-computational-fluid-dynamics-world-record-on-ansys-fluent-2010-06-01?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Samsung's new Super AMOLED phone spotted - for Vodafone

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Samsung H2 looks likely to use the
| same quirky Linux Mobile-based operating
| system used on Vodafone 360 - although we
| hope it will be overhauled as it wasn't
| anywhere near rivalling the likes of
| Android or even Symbian when we used it
| last year.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-s-new-super-amoled-phone-spotted-for-vodafone-693336

Malware Warning on Samsung Wave Smartphone

,----[ Quote ]
| Users are advised to plug the phone into a
| Macintosh or Linux-based computer and
| delete the file manually from the microSD
| card. Users are then advised to reformat
| the memory card.
|
| The discovery of the malware has blighted
| the launch of Samsung's new smartphone,
| which runs on its own newly developed Bada
| OS.
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/6/2/malware-warning-samsung-wave-smartphone/

Samsung H2 To Be Added To Vodafone 360 Range ?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/June2010/Samsung-H2%20To%20Be%20Added%20To%20Vodafone%20360%20Range.html