[News] A Look at Peppermint OS (GNU/Linux)

Peppermint OS â A New Take on the Web-Centric Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| As a Linux, Peppermint is not particularly
| notable except for its suitability for
| machines with low hardware specs, or users
| who do not want system resources wasted on
| bells and whistles like 3D cubes and
| wobbly windows. Peppermint should run
| quickly on just about any PC. Regarding
| the Prism aspect, itâs harder to draw a
| conclusion. Mozilla is still developing
| Prism so its full capabilities have not
| yet been reached, but the current state
| does not seem to be especially remarkable.
| Much of the functionality can be
| replicated (though perhaps not as well)
| with simple browser shortcuts. When Prism
| has more polish it may be a central part
| of how we interact with our computers, but
| for now Peppermint is mainly a small, fast
| and simple OS, albeit with dreams of
| something bigger.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/peppermint-os-web-centric-desktop/2010/06/03

Peppermint OS: Another member of "Team Linux"

,----[ Quote ]
| The first question that springs to mind
| when hearing of a new Linux distribution
| is not "what does it do?" but "why?" It
| would seem by now that virtually every
| possible angle has been covered, and that
| a Linux distribution must exist for almost
| any use case one could conceive of. Yet
| the recently-announced Peppermint Linux is
| slightly different in that it seeks to
| bridge the gap between standard desktop
| computing and "cloud" computing.
`----

https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/390510/821ef248670dc4c5/

Recent:

REVIEW: Peppermint â Cloud/Lightweight distro & considering the cloud?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/review-peppermint-cloudlightweight-distro-considering-the-cloud/