[News] Linux in Devices: More Wins, Asterisk Now on Board

  • Subject: [News] Linux in Devices: More Wins, Asterisk Now on Board
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 17:24:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PogoPlug II review

,----[ Quote ]
| Operating  system: Linux using BusyBox
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/pogoplug-ii-review/

Moore's Second Law fuels open source chip group

,----[ Quote ]
| Even if your name is IBM. Or Texas
| Instruments. Since they donât want to go
| home, theyâre getting together with
| friends. Linux will benefit.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/moores-second-law-fuels-open-source-chip-group/6623

Industry 1st Embedded Asterisk Motherboard Released

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenVox Communication Co. Ltd, a global
| provider of open source asterisk
| telephony hardware and software solutions,
| has announced today that the industry
| first design-for-asterisk industrial
| embedded motherboard-IPC100 is released to
| the Open Source community. The IPC100
| series motherboards can work flawlessly
| with OpenVox Mini PCI cards-
| A400M/B100M/B200M/B400M as well as any
| combinations to build a complete embedded
| IPPBX.
`----

http://www.prlog.org/10711508-industry-1st-embedded-asterisk-motherboard-released.html

Recent:

Positron Challenges the Traditional Telephony Board Market with its V-114 PBX PCI

,----[ Quote ]
| Positron Telecommunication Systems Inc.âs
| V-114 PCI adapter is the first commercially
| available embedded PBX (News - Alert) PCI
| adapter based on the open source Linux
| Project, Asterisk.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/pbx-pci-adapter/articles/66115-positron-challenges-traditional-telephony-board-market-with-its.htm

Build Your Own PBX With Asterisk and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally I'd recommend taking an Asterisk Fast Start course to get you up and
| running, but if you fancy trying out Asterisk in the lab to see if it might be
| suitable for your organization here's what you need to know to start.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/_featured/article.php/52211_3838131_1

Astricon: Has Asterisk Gone Mainstream?

,----[ Quote ]