[News] Business With Free Software and Evidence of Fund Gathering

  • Subject: [News] Business With Free Software and Evidence of Fund Gathering
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:14:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Diasporaâs Final Tally: $200,000 From Nearly 6,500 Backers

,----[ Quote ]
| When Diaspora set out to raise money to
| build an open Facebook alternative site,
| they had a pretty modest goal: $10,000. Of
| course, they were raising the funds
| through a less than traditional means â
| using Kickstarter, an online fundraising
| site. Still, they shot past that goal in
| 12 days. And within 20 days, they had
| raised over $100,000. Yesterday, the
| fundraising closed, the final tally: just
| over $200,000.
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/02/diaspora-project/

Newer Open Source eCommerce program features help stores to sell

,----[ Quote ]
| As more and more Open Source eCommerce
| programs (OSC) appear, many of the
| improvements are invisible to customers.
| But features that can really help the
| store to sell more goods are the product
| information pages and how they display
| product images to the customer.
`----

http://www.practicalecommerce.com/blogs/post/706-Newer-Open-Source-eCommerce-program-features-help-stores-to-sell

Slashdot, SourceForge Select Zenoss to Monitor Entire Network Infrastructure

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/slashdot-sourceforge-select-zenoss-to-monitor-entire-network-infrastructure-2010-06-02?reflink=MW_news_stmp

xTuple Unveils Its New Web Portal

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/xTuple-Unveils-Its-New-Web-Portal/story.xhtml?story_id=0030001W05J9

Open source ECM on the rise

,----[ Quote ]
| More than a third of organisations
| worldwide are lacking in support at senior
| management level for document management.
| That's according to the annual survey from
| the Association for Information and Image
| Management (AIIM) also known as the
| association for enterprise content
| management.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060210-open-source-ecm-on-the.html

Alfresco offers migration tool for open source ECM

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060210-alfresco-offers-migration-tool-for.html?hpg1=bn

Recent:

Open Source EU Funded Projects: FLOSSMetrics

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2010/04/16/open-source-eu-funded-projects-flossmetrics/