[News] Games for GNU/Linux: New linuX-gamers.net, Megadrive Emulators, Proprietary Games

  • Subject: [News] Games for GNU/Linux: New linuX-gamers.net, Megadrive Emulators, Proprietary Games
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:25:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

linuX-gamers.net live DVD 0.9.6 released

,----[ Quote ]
| We recently released a new version of our
| games distribution.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/45740

Megadrive emulators in Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Here I tested 4 Linux MegaDrive emulators:
| dgen, gens, xe and rgen. Four classic
| MegaDrive games were used with each,
| including Sonic 3, Road Rash 3, Streets of
| Rage 2 and Zero Wing.
`----

http://www.brighthub.com/hubfolio/matthew-casperson/articles/72859.aspx

Top Linux games your money can buy

,----[ Quote ]
| Who said Linux games have to cost nothing?
| Well, quite a few people, actually. But
| just as you pay, or at least, are expected
| to pay for Windows games, there's no
| reason why you should not do the same
| thing in Linux. Creating high-quality
| games takes lots of work and effort. While
| many of us believe programmers are
| photosynthetic and live on PC screen
| emissions, the truth is they also need to
| earn money and provide for their families.
| If a game bears a price tag, then it's no
| reason to skip it, just because your
| operating system is free.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-games-money.html

Recent:

Happy Birthday!

,----[ Quote ]
| Happy birthday linuX-gamers.net. Everything started 6 years ago. We had better
| times, but we are still alive.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2607

Related:

Linux-Gamers.net Release Live DVD Version 0.9.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers from Linux-gamers.net launched a new version of their Linux
| games-focused live distribution.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/linux_gamers_net_release_live_dvd_version_0_9_4

One live DVD, one ton of Linux games