[News] Comprehensive Test of Linux Desktop Environments Shows They Are as Good or Better Than Windows

  • Subject: [News] Comprehensive Test of Linux Desktop Environments Shows They Are as Good or Better Than Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:33:07 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

User Interfaces Compared â Five Operating Systems, TWENTY Tests

,----[ Quote ]
| What this exercise has shown though is that
| Linux does not need to stand back to Windows
| as far as UI design is concerned. There are
| areas of improvement for sure. The beauty of
| Linux, of course, is that you, the user, can
| take this information, figure out better ways
| of doing it, and actually have a reasonable
| chance of suggesting it to your favorite
| Distro and have your suggestions adopted.
`----

http://g33q.co.za/2010/06/08/user-interfaces-compared-five-operating-systems-twenty-tests/

Recent:

Windows and Linux desktop enterprise support comparison.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/windows-and-linux-desktop-enterprise-support-comparison-32468