[News] New Ubuntu Widgets, Newsletter, and Wallpapers

  • Subject: [News] New Ubuntu Widgets, Newsletter, and Wallpapers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:04:01 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Well thatâs a nice volume slider (minor post alert)

,----[ Quote ]
| Youâre likely all aware that Ubuntu 10.10
| is getting a funky feature-packed new
| sound applet for Maverick. That shindig
| promises to be crazy awesome and a great
| usability improvement. Until that pops up
| do allow me to bask in the sweet glow of
| simple progression because sometimes, as
| you may be aware, very minor changes make
| me giddy.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/well-thats-nice-volume-slider-minor.html

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 196

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter,
| Issue 196 for the week of May 30th - June
| 5th, 2010. In this issue we cover Maverick
| Alpha 1 released, Kubuntu: Maverick Alpha
| 1 Released, Postponing Ubuntu User Days,
| Call for Testing: Hardy Firefox Users (or
| willing to install Hardy in a VM), Request
| For Help Preparing ClassBot For
| Translations, Operation Cleansweep
| Launched!, Linaro: Accelerating Linux on
| ARM, Ubuntu Stats, LoCo Teams Best
| Practices and Guidelines, Help translating
| the LoCo Teams Best Practices and
| Guidelines, The LoCo Directory wants to
| speak your language, Ubuntu Development
| Team Meetings Minutes, Launchpad News, NGO
| Team during Maverick, Free culture
| projects need a ubiquitous funding system,
| Hacking on grub2, Severed Fifth II,
| Project Maintainers Required, In The
| Press, In The Blogosphere, Towards Linaro
| 10.11, Ubuntu Systems Management update,
| SouthEast Linux Fest Announces Full
| Speaker List, VMware User Conference â
| Phoenix, TurnKey Hub: a new simplified
| cloud deployment service, Featured
| Podcasts, Monthly Team Reports: May 2010,
| Upcoming Meetings and Events, Updates and
| Security, and much much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue196

Ubuntu: when Linux ideology meets business

,----[ Quote ]
| Profiting from Linux doesn't involve an
| obvious winning formula. There are as many
| different business models as there are
| distributions, and you seldom find much
| overlap between those that are working.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/ubuntu-when-linux-ideology-meets-business-693810

Lucid Productive Wallpaper

http://ubuntu.chapinware.com/2010/06/06/lucid-productive-wallpaper/

Recent:

Ubuntu 10.10 Alpha 1 Is Ready for Testing

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-10-10-Alpha-1-Is-Ready-for-Testing-143721.shtml

Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Alpha 1 Released

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat-alpha-1-released.html

Maverick Alpha 1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Pre-releases of Maverick are *not*
| encouraged for anyone needing a stable
| system or anyone who is not comfortable
| running into occasional, even frequent
| breakage. They are, however, recommended
| for Ubuntu developers and those who want
| to help in testing, reporting, and fixing
| bugs.
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2057

Celebrate Ubuntu 10.10 Alpha with these awesome Meerkat-inspired Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether you intend to download and install
| Ubuntu 10.10 Alpha 1 or not  the following
| meerkat-themed wallpapers will certainly
| get you in the Maverick-y mood.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/celebrate-ubuntu-1010-alpha-with-these.html

Summary of development plans for Ubuntu 10.10

http://mdzlog.alcor.net/2010/05/31/summary-of-development-plans-for-ubuntu-10-10/