[News] Flavours and Variants of Ubuntu GNU/Linux in Review, Interview; A Look at New Vinux and Qimo

  • Subject: [News] Flavours and Variants of Ubuntu GNU/Linux in Review, Interview; A Look at New Vinux and Qimo
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:06:34 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Netbook Remix on the Acer Aspire One

,----[ Quote ]
| I run Kubuntu on my other desktops and
| laptops, so I made the UNR boot flash
| drive using Kubuntu's Startup Disk
| Creator. Ubuntu has this utility as well
| -- it's dirt simple to use. Just download
| the UNR iso image and follow the Startup
| Disk Creator instructions.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/ubuntu-netbook-remix-acer-aspire-one-netbook

Peppermint Team â Q&A with OpenBytes

,----[ Quote ]
| Peppermint, like many distroâs do need
| your help and support, whether its
| reporting bugs, telling people about your
| good experiences with the distro, making a
| donation or visiting the Peppermint
| storeâ.it all helps to support and enables
| the development of excellent projects like
| this.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/peppermint-team-qa-with-openbytes/

Linux Mint 9 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Mint 9, aka Isadora, is the latest update
| to the desktop-focused, Linux distribution
| based on Ubuntu (10.04). It is one of the
| more exciting desktop distributions, with
| a nice selection of custom-developed
| graphical management utilities.
`----

http://linuxbsdos.com/2010/06/08/linux-mint-9-review/

Vinux - A talking linux distro for blind and visually impaired users

,----[ Quote ]
| Vinux is a remastered version of the
| popular Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
| distribution optimised for the needs of
| blind and partially sighted users.. It
| provides three screen readers, two full-
| screen magnifiers, global font-size and
| colour changing facilities, and out-of-
| the-box support for USB Braille displays.
| The Vinux live CD boots into the Orca
| screen reader which makes it easy to
| navigate the graphical GNOME desktop using
| keybindings. For those who prefer to work
| in a simple text-based console there is
| the Speakup
`----

http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/1016-vinux-a-talking-linux-distro-for-blind-and-visually-impaired-users

[Reviews]: Qimo 2.0 Review Great Linux Distribution For Kids

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxnov.com/reviews-qimo-2-0-review-great-linux-distribution-for-kids/