[News] OpenOffice.org Gets Renaissance, Danish Opportunity, Milestone

  • Subject: [News] OpenOffice.org Gets Renaissance, Danish Opportunity, Milestone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:44:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What's Cooking in the Renaissance Kitchen?

,----[ Quote ]
| OK, the title of this blog was a bit
| misleading. We are actually talking about
| Better Defaults, which are the focus of
| the most recent Renaissance status
| presentation, which you can munch on if
| you find time for a light snack.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/what_s_cooking_in_the

A police report

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Friday the Minister of Justice
| revealed a report regarding the Danish
| police's finances. The background is that
| the police in Denmark has been spending
| much more money over the last many years,
| than they where allowed to in the budget.
|
| [...]
|
| The opposition parties are now asking the
| Minister, why there crystal clear
| recommendations of F/OSS and
| OpenOffice.org has been erased from the
| official version.
`----

http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2010/06/police-report.html

Important recommendations omitted

,----[ Quote ]
| Why was important recommendations from
| McKinsey omitted in the report 'A
| professional and well driven police' to
| the Parliament?
|
| From the report from McKinsey with the
| financial analyzes:
|
| The section 'Use of cheaper software':
|
|     That in stead (of Microsoft Office)
|     works with a scenario with a shift to
|     OpenOffice.org or Star Office, as the
|     product is called, when delivered from
|     SUN (Oracle). By using a well know
|     supplier such as SUN(Oracle), that now
|     also develops and supports MySQL as
|     well as Star Office, it will be
|     assured that support is available with
|     the quality the police needs. (p.
|     83-84)
|
| A shift to OpenOffice.org or Star Office
| will according to McKinsey result in
| savings around 100 mio DKK untill 2017.
`----

http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2010/06/important-recommendations-omitted.html

OpenOffice.org 3.2 Gets its 29 Millionth Download

,----[ Quote ]
| Popular open source productivity a154
| million downloads since version 3.0
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/OpenOffice.org-3.2-Gets-its-29-Millionth-Download#

Recent:

OpenOffice.org] 154 million and counting...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/154_million_and_counting