[News] Owing to Devices, Linux is Winning the Operating Systems Competition

  • Subject: [News] Owing to Devices, Linux is Winning the Operating Systems Competition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:21:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

For Linux, untapped opportunities are huge

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux now seems to make swift inroads
| to hyped product segments including
| tablets, smartphones, and TVs, cited
| related reports. Based on the number of
| products running Linux unveiled at
| Computex, market watchers are stating that
| Linux has a long way to go ahead.
`----

http://www.itvoir.com/portal/news/Corporate-News/For-Linux-untapped-opportunities-are-huge-7-557.asp

Analysts: Linux will be ruling in the years to come

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a chance that Linux will really
| take the lead in many areas: tablets
| smartphones, and TVs, analysts say. One of
| the major indications is the increasing
| number of new tablets in the market,
| running Android Linux or other embedded
| Linuxes.
`----

http://www.24worldnews.com/analysts-linux-will-be-ruling-in-the-years-to-come/18794/

Recent:

Ballmer Still Thinks it is OK to Kill Competition

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/06/04/ballmer-still-thinks-it-is-ok-to-kill-competition/