[News] Review if the Newly-Released PCLinuxOS 2010 With GNOME

  • Subject: [News] Review if the Newly-Released PCLinuxOS 2010 With GNOME
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:37:52 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Review: PCLinuxOS 2010 Gnome â With Screenshots, Other New Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| I know I said I would review Xubuntu next,
| and keep PCLOS Gnome for the July edition
| of SaGeek MAG, but I wanted something other
| than a Gnome Distro to review for the MAG,
| and I only had the 10.04 RC available of
| Xubuntu, not the final release. Hence PCLOS
| 2010 Gnome it is for tonights review.
|
| Well how did it perform?
|
| [...]
|
| PCLinuxOS is good, but not good enough. The
| Gnome edition especially needs some sanding
| on the edges, and then some polish on top
| of that. I would recommend the KDE edition
| over the Gnome edition any day, but as far
| as Gnome based distros goes it loses out to
| some really serious competitors, and this
| is reflected in my comparative scoring.
|
| There are many little touches that give me
| hope for the future of PCLOS, help menus,
| auto installer for OpenOffice â little
| things that might just make this the next
| best Gnome distro to arrive. Right now it
| just falls short of Ubuntuâs 3/5 Q-rating.
`----

http://g33q.co.za/2010/06/09/review-pclinuxos-2010-gnome-with-screenshots/

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 100

,----[ Quote ]
| Â Announced Distro: Parsix GNU/Linux 3.5
| Â Announced Distro: SystemRescueCd 1.5.5
| Â Announced Distro: Mandriva Linux 2010.1
| RC2
| Â Announced Distro: Ubuntu 10.10 Alpha 1
| Â Announced Distro: Pardus Linux 2009.2
| Â Announced Distro: Untangle 7.3
| Â Announced Distro: Sabayon Linux 5.3
| Â Announced Distro: Ultimate Edition 2.7
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-100-144012.shtml

Recent:

PCLinuxOS 2010.1 KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS 2010.1 KDE4 is a rock solid distro
| - just in my case I had a problem with the
| LiveCD, but not with the installed version -
| which offers a KDE4 DE tailored to newcomers
| and KDE-geeks alike.
`----

http://wamukota.blogspot.com/2010/06/pclinuxos-20101-kde4.html

PCLinuxOS improving its community

,----[ Quote ]
| We have loads of websites, reviews and blogs about how "radically simple"
| PCLinuxOS is.
`----

http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2007/11/pclinuxos-improving-its-community.html

PCLinuxOS - the new Number One distribution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070917#editorial