[News] Rolling Out a Fedora Remix, Sugar on a Stick as a Fedora Spin

  • Subject: [News] Rolling Out a Fedora Remix, Sugar on a Stick as a Fedora Spin
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:05:33 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Roll Out a Fedora Remix

http://www.linuxforu.com/how-to/roll-out-a-fedora-remix/

The correlation of Mirabelles and sustainability

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting with the most recent release of
| Mirabelle, Sugar on a Stick is a Fedora
| Spin [1]. While this may sound strange at
| first, it contributes essentially to our
| goal of achieving both sustainable
| development and stable releases -- it
| allows both Sugar Labs and the Fedora
| Project to leverage the mutual work and
| results in a great upstream / downstream
| relationship: Fedora benefits from an
| easily deployable implementation of the
| most recent version of the Sugar Learning
| Platform, while Sugar on a Stick gains
| access to Fedora's extensive resources in
| terms of engineering and testing, with
| automated nightly builds containing the
| latest components just being one example.
`----

http://opensource.com/education/10/6/correlation-mirabelles-and-sustainability

Recent:

Fedora 13 â Linux for Applephobes

,----[ Quote ]
| That focus on the more tech savvy,
| contributing users is reflected in Fedora
| 13, where you'll find open source, 3D-
| capable graphics drivers, excellent Python
| tools, some very nice color management
| tools, and other less flashy improvements.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/25/fedora_13_review/

Fedora 13 (Goddard) Hits the Waves

,----[ Quote ]