[News] Deeper Look at Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.10

Maverick Software centre adds animated apps bar

,----[ Quote ]
| A great update so early on in the
| development of the software store this
| cycle - lets hope there are no issues so it
| remains for all to gawp at come October.

Aptitude Removed From Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Announcing the User Experience Advocates Project

5 new things can happen in Ubuntu 10.10

,----[ Quote ]
| It really sounds great when canonical
| announces new Version of Ubuntu .
| Personally i always look forward for new
| things and changes . In this post i am
| going to discuss about new changes in
| Ubuntu 10.10 which is going to happen .Till
| now only alpha-I version have been
| released.

Ubuntu to push latest Firefox to Hardy, Jaunty and Karmic

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a posting on the Ubuntu
| developers mailing list, Ubuntu developers
| are planning to push the next release of
| Firefox, 3.6.4, to the current  Ubuntu
| release, Lucid Lynx 10.04, and to older
| versions such as Hardy (8.04LTS), Jaunty
| (9.04) and Karmic Koala (9.10). These older
| versions currently have Firefox 3.0  and
| xulrunner 1.9 both of which are no longer
| supported by Mozilla.

Ubuntu To Pull In New Versions Of Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu's longstanding policy of not pulling
| in new major versions of packages into their
| stable repositories is facing a slight
| change. Canonical along with the Ubuntu
| development community have been making it
| easier to deploy Mozilla Firefox web-browser
| updates into existing Ubuntu releases.

Summary of development plans for Ubuntu 10.10

Why does Ubuntu keep shipping with Evolution?

,----[ Quote ]